Technical disclaimerAre you an EUI member? Click here to read tailored instructions.
The FBF online seminars take place on the Adobe Connect platform. The credentials to access the platform are provided upon registration to one of the online seminars. The platform opens 30 minutes before every seminar.
CONNECTING TO THE SEMINAR
To attend the online seminar via a computer or laptop:
- Perform the automated connection test in advance to the event, to ensure that your computer is correctly configured.
- Ensure that you are connecting via a stable network connection, avoiding if possible shared wi-fi or mobile networks that may not result in an optimal experience in terms of connection speed and video quality.
- At the time of the event, click on the access link your received via email upon registration.
To attend the online seminar via a tablet or smartphone:
- Install the Adobe Connect App (available for Apple iOS and Android operating systems)
- Launch the App. When asked to prompt the meeting URL, enter the following: http://fbf.adobeconnect.com/fbf_webinar
- In the window that will follow, join as a ‘Guest’.
Please note that the “Adobe Connect Add-in” is optional (you will be able to follow the seminar even without installing it).
Accessing the platform
- Certain institutions may block access to Adobe Connect via their internal networks. If that is the case, contact your IT support for assistance, they may be able to unblock access to this platform.
- If you cannot access from your work desktop computer, attempt to do so over your company wifi using a personal laptop, tablet or smartphone. If this still does not work try again from mobile broadband, your home or another alternative network. If none of these solutions work, please contact us.
- If you cannot hear any sound, first check your local audio setup (volume levels, proper connection of speakers/headphone, etc). Your local IT support could be helpful in this aspect.
- If the problem contintues, or if audio playback suddenly stops, close your browser and try logging in again. In case the problem persists, you may consider switching to an alternative web browser.
Should you have any further question, contact us.