Technical disclaimer – for EUI members
This disclaimer applies only to members of the European University Institute. All others must follow the guide for external participants.
The FBF online seminars take place on the Adobe Connect platform. The credentials to access the platform are provided upon registration to one of the online seminars. The platform opens 30 minutes before every seminar.
To attend the online seminar via an EUI computer, you need a set of headphones (particularly if you share an office) and the Adobe Connect add-in, that you may install by following this procedure:
- Click on the Windows icon (bottom left)
- Start typing “software” and then click on Software Center from the menu
- In the next screen, click on “Adobe Connect application”
- Once installed, click YES when the browser prompts you to use Adobe Connect for viewing the seminar
Please note that the “Adobe Connect Add-in” is optional (you will be able to follow the seminar even without installing it).
Accessing the platform
- If you have issues in accessing Adobe Connect, contact EUI Helpdesk.
- If you cannot hear any sound, first check your local audio setup (volume levels, proper connection of speakers/headphone, etc). Your local IT support could be helpful in this aspect.
- If the problem contintues, or if audio playback suddenly stops, close your browser and try logging in again. In case the problem persists, you may consider switching to an alternative web browser.
Should you have any further question, contact us.