The previous edition of DebtCon were hosted in Georgetown Law (2016, 2019) and in the Graduate Institute in Geneva (2017).
- Bail-out and bail-ins in sovereign debt crisis: what is the role of the official sector?
- Don’t cry for Argentina (or other Sovereign borrowers): Lessons from a Previous Era of Sovereign Debt Contract Enforcement.
- Austerity: Why Human Rights came late and helped little?
- Marcel Mauss and Decolonization: The Internationalization of French Debates about Sovereign Debt Obligations After the Algerian War.
- Increase private-risk sharing to lessen public debt burdens.
Speakers in past editions include
- Lee Buchheit
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Natalie Jaresko
Executive Director of the Financial Oversight and Management Board for Puerto Rico,
former Minister of Finance of Ukraine
- Rosa María Lastra
Queen Mary, University of London
- Anderson Caputo Silva
- Mark L. J. Wright
Senior Vice President and Research Director at the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
- Brian Wynter
Central Bank of Jamaica
- Anne Krueger
Stanford University and Johns Hopkins SAIS
- Chiara Zilioli
European Central Bank