The conference has been cancelled due to the outbreak of the COVID2019 virus. The next edition of the event will take place in Florence in 2021.
The European Financial Union? Mind its Gaps!
09.15 - 10.15 Registration
Registration and welcome coffee.
10.15 - 10.20 Welcoming remarks
Welcome by Elena Carletti, Bocconi University, BAFFI CAREFIN and Florence School of Banking and Finance.
10.20 - 12.00 Session 1 - Enforcing Anti-Money Laundering in Europe
Chair and moderator: Mitu Gulati, Duke University
- Igor Angelini, Europol
- Magda Bianco, Banca d’Italia
- Patrycja Chodnicka-Jaworska, University of Warsaw
- Dominik Kaefer, Oliver Wyman
12.00 - 13.00 Keynote speech
- Ugo Panizza, Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies
13.00 - 14.30 Lunch break
Lunch break at the conference premises.
14.30 - 16.00 Session 2 - The unsteady state of Emergency Liquidity Assistance (ELA) framework
Chair and moderator: Elena Carletti, Bocconi University, BAFFI CAREFIN and Florence School of Banking and Finance
- Cornelia Holthausen, European Central Bank
- Christian Kopf, Union Investment
- Rosa M. Lastra , Queen Mary University of London
- Yannis Manuelides, Allen & Overy
16.00 - 16.30 Coffee break
Coffee break at the conference premises.
16.30 - 18.00 Session 3 - Securities regulation and governance
Chair and moderator: Franklin Allen, Imperial College London
- Maria Cannata, MTS Group
- Iris Chiu, University College London
- Luca Enriques, Oxford University
- Carmine Di Noia, CONSOB
18.00- 21.30 Reception and Dinner
- Paul Tucker, Systemic Risk Council and Harvard Kennedy School