European Financial Infrastructure in the Face of New Challenges
25 APRIL 2019Download the programme
09.15 - 10.15 Registration
Registration and welcome coffee.
10.15 - 10.20 Welcoming remarks
Welcome by Elena Carletti, Bocconi University, BAFFI CAREFIN and Florence School of Banking and Finance.
10.20 - 12.00 Session 1 - Extra-Territoriality and Financial Infrastructure
Chair and moderator: Elena Carletti, Bocconi University, BAFFI CAREFIN and Florence School of Banking and Finance
- James Freis, Deutsche Börse
- Peter Grasmann, European Commission
- Klaus Löber, European Central Bank
- Nicolas Véron, Peterson Institute for International Economics
12.00 - 13.00 Keynote speech
Chair and moderator: Richard Portes, London Business SchoolSpeaker:
- Lee Buchheit, Honorary Professor, University of Edinburgh
13.00 - 14.30 Lunch break
Lunch break at the conference premises.
14.30 - 16.00 Session 2 - Collective Action Clauses and Sovereign Debt Restructuring Frameworks
Chair and moderator: Mitu Gulati, Duke University
- Aitor Erce, European Stability Mechanism
- Giampaolo Galli, Observatory on the Italian Public Accounts, Catholic University of Milan
- Anna Gelpern, Peterson Institute for International Economics
- Yannis Manuelides, Allen & Overy LLP
16.00 - 16.30 Coffee break
Coffee break at the conference premises.
16.30 - 18.00 Session 3 - Towards a European Safe Asset?
Chair and moderator: Jeromin Zettelmeyer, Peterson Institute for International Economics
- Gabriele Giudice, European Commission
- Daniel Gros, CEPS
- Michala Marcussen, Sociéte Générale
- Marco Pagano, University of Naples Federico II
18.00 - 18.15 Closing remarks
18.15 - 21.30 Reception and Dinner at Villa Schifanoia
Dinner speaker: Vítor Constâncio, Former Vice President of the ECB, President of the Council of the Lisbon School of Economics & Management, University of Lisbon