The FBF online seminars take place on the Adobe Connect platform. The credentials to access the platform are provided upon registration to one of the online seminars. The platform opens 30 minutes before every seminar.
To attend the online seminar via a computer or laptop, you need to have:
- A correctly configured computer, with the latest Adobe Flash software installed.
- A stable network connection, avoiding if possible shared wi-fi or mobile networks that may not result in an optimal experience in terms of connection speed and video quality.
To attend the online seminar via a tablet or smartphone you must install the free Adobe Connect App, available on the following platforms:
- IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-connect-mobile/id430437503?mt=8
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.adobe.connectpro&hl=en
Please note that the “Adobe Connect Add-in” is optional (you will be able to follow the seminar even without installing it).
Accessing the platform
- Certain institutions may block access to Adobe Connect via their internal networks. If that is the case, contact your IT support for assistance, they may be able to unblock access to this platform.
- If you cannot access from your work desktop computer, attempt to do so over your company wifi using a personal laptop, tablet or smartphone. If this still does not work try again from mobile broadband, your home or another alternative network. If none of these solutions work, please contact us.
- If you cannot hear any sound, first check your local audio setup (volume levels, proper connection of speakers/headphone, etc). Your local IT support could be helpful in this aspect.
- If the problem contintues, or if audio playback suddenly stops, close your browser and try logging in again. In case the problem persists, you may consider switching to an alternative web browser.
Should you have any further question, contact us.