Bank Regulation for Supervisory Purposes
Course Instructors: Emiliano Sabatini, Antonio Schifino (Bank of Italy)
Area: Bank Regulation, Supervision and Resolution
This course will focus on the following topics:
- An overview of the solvency ratio: regulatory capital and Pillar I risks.
- The main answers of micro-prudential regulators to the crisis.
- The backstop measures.
- Pillar II and its role under the Single Supervisory Mechanism.
- An overview of the main IFRS accounting standards on financial instruments and their implications from a regulatory perspective.
- The main differences between the accounting and the regulatory frameworks with reference to consolidation.
This course is targeted at EBA, SSM, SRB, ESRB, EU officials, lawyers, political scientists, Ph.D. students, accountants, private sector economists.